Saturday 14 March 2009

Selfridges Moet Bar

When the Northerner called and said we were meeting the Fashionistas and the Hairdresser for drinks in the West End, I thought rock on - great night in store. When I realised that the destination was going to be a department store, albeit a nice one like Selfridges Moet Bar I was a tad underwhelmed.
To provide some context - the Fashionistas along with the Northerner were the gang of gals that introduced me to hip Soho way back in the mid-nineties. They use to take me to cool Class A fueled parties complete with designers, fashion hangers on,and transvestites. A far cry from growing up in rural New Zealand. So drinking champagne with them all - definitely a yes. Drinking it in a department store? Not quite what I would expect.
Nevertheless its a nice little bar, friendly, though slightly slow service, and they do a decent champers (Moet of course) and cocktails. The 'crowd', if you can call it that given its relatively small size, are pretty young things from West and North London out doing their Sex and the City impersonations but accompanied by mummy lest they get asked for ID.
We knocked back a few against the backdrop of women looking at accessories, and did at least have a good gossip before we headed on to dinner. Another surprising choice, but I won't dis them twice in one blog. Let's just say we're clearly getting older. Well everyone except the Northerner and I that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment